Here’s our quarterly update on what Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway Bought and Sold based on the Berkshire holdings as reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the 13F filing on August 14, 2019, except for Bank of America, which is as of July 17. See also the Warren Buffet portfolio tracker
During the second quarter, Berkshire increased its relatively new position in Amazon (AMZN) with 54,000 shares (11%) bringing the stake to 537,300 shares, valued around $1 billion. Berkshire also picked up 31.08 million shares of Bank of America (BAC) to hold in total 927.24 million shares.
Stocks Warren Buffet Bought in Q2-2019
In the list below the stocks are displayed that were added to Berkshire Hathaway portfolio.
|Company||Symbol||Shares Added in Second Quarter||Stock Price (8/15/19)||New Stock|
|Bank of America||BAC||31,081,000||$26.59||No|
Stocks Warren Buffet Sold in Q2-2019
In the list below the stocks are displayed that were sold by Berkshire Hathaway in Q2-2019.
|Company||Symbol||Shares Sold in the Fourth Quarter||Stock Price (8/15/19)||Position closed?|
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.