The Dividend Kings are the best in class with respect to dividend endurance. A Dividend King is a stocks with 50 or more consecutive years of dividend increases. The Dividend Kings list can be a good source for selecting dividend stocks.
The dividend kings are also a subset of the dividend aristocrats. Interesting is to analyze which dividend aristocrats are close to the 50 years consecutive years of dividend increases threshold.
Below is the list of stocks, with a “dividend increase age” between 45 and 49. Surprisingly it is a list of 24. The average dividend yield of this list is 2.83% (2019/1/1), the sectors are quite mix and Altria Group (MO) has the highest dividend yield of 6.48%.
|Company||Symbol||Sector||Industry||# of yrs|
|Altria Group Inc.||MO||Consumer Staples||Tobacco||49|
|Connecticut Water Service||CTWS||Utilities||Water Utilities||49|
|H.B. Fuller Company||FUL||Materials||Chemicals||49|
|Sysco Corp.||SYY||Consumer Staples||Food & Staples Retailing||49|
|Black Hills Corp.||BKH||Utilities||Multi-Utilities||48|
|National Fuel Gas||NFG||Utilities||Gas Utilities||48|
|Becton Dickinson & Co.||BDX||Health Care||Health Care Equipment & Supplies||47|
|Computer Services Inc.||CSVI||Information Technology||IT Services||47|
|Leggett & Platt Inc.||LEG||Consumer Discretionary||Household Durables||47|
|MSA Safety Inc.||MSA||Industrials||Commercial Services & Supplies||47|
|PPG Industries Inc.||PPG||Materials||Chemicals||47|
|Universal Corp.||UVV||Consumer Staples||Tobacco||47|
|W.W. Grainger Inc.||GWW||Industrials||Trading Companies & Distributors||47|
|Helmerich & Payne Inc.||HP||Energy||Energy Equipment & Services||46|
|Kimberly-Clark Corp.||KMB||Consumer Staples||Household Products||46|
|Middlesex Water Co.||MSEX||Utilities||Water Utilities||46|
|Nucor Corp.||NUE||Materials||Metals & Mining||46|
|PepsiCo Inc.||PEP||Consumer Staples||Beverages||46|
|VF Corp.||VFC||Consumer Discretionary||Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods||46|
|RPM International Inc.||RPM||Materials||Chemicals||45|
|S&P Global Inc.||SPGI||Financials||Capital Markets||45|
|Wal-Mart Inc.||WMT||Consumer Staples||Food & Staples Retailing||45|
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article. Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.