In the months April and May many companies report their first-quarter earnings results. Allowing companies to adjust guidance for the calendar year and investor to analyze the first impact of the corona-virus. It will reveal how the early weeks of the coronavirus shutdowns impacted their revenues, earnings, and staff.
Dividend Aristocrats earnings announcements
Here is an overview of dividend aristocrats and their earnings announcements in alphabetic order:
Dividend aristocrats 3M (MMM) reported Adjusted EPS of $2.16, down 2.7% versus the same quarter a year ago. 3M withdraws its full-year 2020 guidance due to COVID-19 impact and end-market uncertainty.
Caterpillar (CAT) came out with quarterly earnings of $1.98 versus $3.25 in the same quarter a year ago. Caterpillar withdrew its earnings guidance on March 26 and is not providing a financial outlook for 2020.
Cincinnati Financial (CINF) is hurt by the corona-crisis and reported an EPS of negative $7.56 versus a profit of $4.22 in the same quarter a year ago.
Ecolab (ECL) has reported positive results with adjusted EPS of $1.13 versus $1.03 for the same quarter a year ago.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) came out with quarterly earnings of $2.30 per share. This compares to earnings of $2.10 per share a year ago. This quarterly report represents an earnings surprise of 13.30%.
Steelmaker Nucor (NUE) reported an adjusted EPS of $0.99 versus $1.63 in the same quarter a year ago. Nucor expects to report a Q2 loss, but returning to profitability in the second half of 2020.
PepsiCo (PEP) beat estimates in Q1 and reported adjusted EPS of $1.07 versus $0.97 in the same quarter a year ago. PepsiCo withdraws prior FY2020 outlook due to pandemic.
PPG (PPG) reported a lower adjusted EPS of $1.19 versus $1.38 in the same quarter a year ago. PPG sees Q2 sales volumes declining 30-35% due to virus effects.
Technology company Roper (ROP) reported an adjusted EPS of $3.05 versus $3.30 in the same quarter a year ago. The company now expects full-year adjusted DEPS of $11.60 – $12.60.
S&P Global (SPGI) came out with quarterly earnings of $2.73 per share versus $2.11 in the same quarter a year ago. The company is fully Operational with almost all of the employees working from home. EPS guidance is decreased from a range of $10.40 to $10.60 to a new range of $9.95 to $10.15.
Dividend Aristocrats upcoming earnings announcements
There are still upcoming earnings for several dividend aristocrats:
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.