Dividend Aristocrat and Dividend King Target Corporation (TGT) reported $3.69 EPS for the first quarter of 2021, way above the consensus estimate of $2.21. The retailer’s revenue (Revenue: $23 billion, vs. $21.75 billion expected) also beat forecasts, with comparable-store sales up 22.9%. Compared to last year (COVID-19) the adjusted EPS was 525% higher!
Target’s dividend yield is around 1.32%, based on the forward dividend per share of $2.72 and the company has had dividend increases for 52 years. The stock price is hovering around $215.48 +9.05 (4.38%) at the moment of writing on Wednesday.
See below the performance (total return) compared to the S&P 500 index.
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
There are several lists to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Aristocrats Index is based on 64 companies part of the S&P 500 and with 25+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market in the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors, there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 years of dividend can be a list of inspiration.
- Blue Chips stocks from the US or the European ones.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.