Dividend and retirement focused investors are often looking for a monthly cashflow and seeking for a list of stocks that pay dividend every month. This article provides a list of Monthly dividend stocks and the related excel spreadsheet for download (free).
All the identified US-based monthly dividend stocks are members of the Russell 2000 Index, are mid- or small sized businesses and not part of the S&P 500. The companies of this list are dominant in three sectors: Real Estate, Financial services and Energy. Please note that the dividend yield and pay-out ratios are above average, which could be a risk identifier for a dividend stock.
The Monthly Dividend Stocks Excel spreadsheet contains the following fundamental and stock price performance metric for each stock with an every month dividend.
- Dividend & earnings per share
- Dividend Yield
- Price-to-earnings ratio
- Pay-out ratio
This Monthly Dividend Stocks spreadsheet allows you to easily sort by price-to-earnings ratio (or dividend yield) so you can quickly find undervalued or overvalued dividend paying stocks. Pay-out ratio’s above 80% should also be a warning signal for dividend investors.
The top-10 monthly dividend stocks do provide an above average Dividend Yield. See below the top-10 list per January 2019:
|Company||Ticker||Sector||Dividend rate||Dividend yield (%)|
|Orchid Island Capital Inc.||ORC||Real Estate||$0.96||14.14%|
|Capitala Finance Corp.||CPTA||Financial Services||$1.00||12.46%|
|AGNC Investment Corp.||AGNC||Real Estate||$2.16||11.99%|
|Prospect Capital Corporation||PSEC||Financial Services||$0.72||10.65%|
|Global Net Lease Inc.||GNL||Real Estate||$2.13||10.54%|
|Horizon Technology Finance Corporation||HRZN||Financial Services||$1.20||10.17%|
|Stellus Capital Investment Corporation||SCM||Financial Services||$1.36||9.80%|
|Harvest Capital Credit Corporation||HCAP||Financial Services||$1.14||9.79%|
|Gladstone Capital Corporation||GLAD||Financial Services||$0.84||9.74%|
|Sabine Royalty Trust||SBR||Energy||$3.63||8.67%|
If you are an investors focused on a monthly cashflow, the dividend aristocrats could be a good alternative. Companies that increase year by year regular dividends, tend to be in better financial health and produce sustained earnings and revenue growth.
By combining 3 different dividend aristocrats active in different sectors and having their quarterly dividend not in-sync, the result will also result in 12 dividend payments per year. But probably in more stable performing companies in the long-run and you will benefit even more from the “compounding effect”, given the yearly dividend increases.
Other Dividend Lists
- The Nasdaq Dividend Achievers list is of US stocks with 10+ consecutive years of dividend increases that meet certain minimum size and liquidity requirements.
- The Dividend Aristocrats Index is based on 53 companies part of the S&P 500 and with 25+ years of consecutive dividend increases. It is more exclusive than the Dividend Achievers Index.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive. It is comprised of a small set of companies with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The Dividend Champions list is based on US companies with 25+ years of consecutive dividend increases, not necessarily part of the S&P 500 as the Aristocrats do.
With respect to performance, the Dividend Aristocrats list has substantially outperformed both the S&P 500 and the Dividend Achievers over the last decade(s).
The list of monthly dividend stocks is presented below and grouped by sector for your convenience:
Sector Real Estate:
- AGNC Investment Corp. (AGNC)
- Apple Hospitality REIT Inc. (APLE)
- Chatham Lodging Trust (REIT) of Beneficial Interest (CLDT)
- EPR Properties (EPR)
- Global Net Lease Inc. (GNL)
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation (GOOD)
- Gladstone Land Corporation (LAND)
- LTC Properties Inc. (LTC)
- Realty Income Corporation (O)
- Orchid Island Capital Inc. (ORC)
- Stag Industrial Inc. (STAG)
- Whitestone REIT (WSR)
Sector Financial Services:
- Capitala Finance Corp. (CPTA)
- Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN)
- Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD)
- Harvest Capital Credit Corporation (HCAP)
- Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN)
- Main Street Capital Corporation (MAIN)
- PennantPark Floating Rate Capital Ltd. (PFLT)
- Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC)
- Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (SCM)
- Solar Senior Capital Ltd. (SUNS)
- Cross Timbers Royalty Trust
- Enerplus Corporation
- Hugoton Royalty Trust
- Pembina Pipeline Corp. (Canada)
- Sabine Royalty Trust
- San Juan Basin Royalty Trust
- Vermilion Energy Inc. Common (Canada)
Sector Communication services:
- Shaw Communications Inc.
All US monthly dividend stocks are members of the Russell 2000 Index and mid- or small sized businesses and not part of the S&P 500.
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article. Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to email@example.com.