The European Dividend Aristocrats index total return was up 2.18% for December 2019. The European Dividend Aristocrats and its reference index (S&P Europe 35) are almost on par, based on the full-year total return of 27.38%, versus 27.24% for the benchmark. The chart below displays the historical performance of the European Dividend Aristocrats since 2010.
The table below lists the yearly performance of the European Dividend Aristocrats, the S&P Europe 350 index (the benchmark) and the difference between the two.
The outperformance of the European Dividend Aristocrats is significant, given the 10 years annualized return 10.35% versus 8.49% for the benchmark.
- 10 years annualized risk: 10.64%
- PE-ratio (trailing): 21.87
- Dividend yield: 2.85%
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.