Updated January 4th, 2019
We analyzed each Dividend Aristocrat by looking at their earnings, dividends, maximum draw down (MDD) and stock price performance during the 2007-2009 financial crisis.
Instantly Get access to the finalized ranking of all the Dividend Aristocrats’ recession performance.
Your spreadsheet will be made available to you after you enter your email address and click to join.
Dividend Aristocrat Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA) is a pharmacy led health and wellbeing company. It operates retail pharmacy store chain in the United States. The firm sells and markets its products under brands such as Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare. The company has been able to increase dividends for 43 consecutive years.
The company’s earnings-per-share performance during the Recession period (2007-2009) can be seen below:
- 2007 adjusted earnings-per-share of $2.03
- 2008 adjusted earnings-per-share of $2.17 (6.9% increase)
- 2009 adjusted earnings-per-share of $2.02 (7.2% decline)
- 2010 adjusted earnings-per-share of $2.16 (6.9% increase)
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA) stock performance 2007-2009
The share price of Walgreens Boots declined from $47.93 to a low of $21.40 during the 2007-2009 financial crisis. The drop of 55.3% is an “average” performance during recession compared to other dividend aristocrats. See the stock price chart below:
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA) Dividends 2007-2010
Dividend Aristocrat Walgreens Boots has been able to increase dividends for 43 consecutive years, include the 2007-2010 period.
No Data available for Dividend History.
See also the overall performance of the dividend aristocrats during recession.
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.