The list of the UK Dividend aristocrats has been updated, see the full article on the UK dividend aristocrats 2019.
High Yield Dividend in the UK
The top-5 of the highest UK dividend aristocrats yields are well above 5% (as of 01/28/2019):
- SSE Plc, 8.40% (dividend yield)
- BAT, 8.22%
- Imperial Brands, 7.95%
- Hammerson, 7.06%
- WPP, 6.88%
The UK Dividend Aristocrats are based (by S&P) on the 40 highest dividend-yielding UK companies within the S&P Europe Broad Market Index (BMI) and a managed dividends policy of increasing or stable dividends for at least seven consecutive years.
True UK dividend aristocrats
If you are more interested in the UK companies with +25 years of consecutive dividends and don’t care about marketcap., here you go:
|Company||Years of dividend increase|
|Caledonia Investments plc||41|
|City of London Investment Trust plc||35|
|PZ Cussons plc||29|
|Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc||29|
|Spectris Group plc||28|
|Young & Co’s Brewery plc||28|
|RPC Group plc||25|
|Croda International plc||25|
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
The Dividend Aristocrats list is not the only way to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market on the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 year of dividend can be an list of inspiration.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.