- The Dividend Aristocrats are companies of the S&P 500 that have paid steadily increasing dividends for at least 25 years have outperformed the broader market over time.
- In this article, we look at the most recent dividend increase of this set of dividend growth stocks.
- Ten dividend aristocrats did raise their dividend payouts by more than 10%.
- Our analysis shows that three aristocrats have a dividend increase dating from 2019.
10 Dividend Aristocrats with a +10% dividend growth rate
Looking at each individual dividend aristocrat and the last dividend increase, there are ten stocks that did increase their dividend by more than 10%. Here are the ten dividend aristocrats that grew at a fast pace:
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Caterpillar Inc. (CAT)
- Sherwin-Williams (SHW)
- T. Rowe Price Group (TROW)
- AFLAC Inc (AFL)
- S&P Global. Inc. (SPGI)
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD)
- Sysco Corp. (SYY)
- AbbVie Inc. (ABBV)
- Linde plc (LIN)
In December, Abbott Laboratories declared a $0.45 per share quarterly dividend which is a 25% increase from the prior dividend of $0.36. This made Abbott Laboratories the fastest dividend grower on this list.
3 Dividend Aristocrats to watch
There are also three dividend aristocrats that struggle with increasing their dividend payout. It will not surprise you that Exxon Mobil (XOM) is one of them. The other two are Caterpillar (CAT) and Leggett & Platt (LEG).
Dividend Aristocrats dividend growth rate
Here is the full list of the current dividend aristocrats, their last date of dividend increase, and the “related numbers”.
Other Sources of Dividend Investment Ideas
There are several lists to quickly screen for businesses that regularly pay rising dividends.
- The Dividend Aristocrats Index is based on 64 companies part of the S&P 500 and with 25+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The Dividend Kings List is even more exclusive than the Dividend Aristocrats. It is comprised of less than 20 businesses with 50+ years of consecutive dividend increases.
- The MoneyInvestExpert Defensive Aristocrats is a performance-based top-10 selection of the Dividend Aristocrats to outperform the market in the long-term.
- Portfolio lists like the Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio or Bill Gates’stock portfolio can be a source.
- For the European focused investors, there is also the list of European Dividend Aristocrats.
- Dividend Champions are not necessarily members of the S&P 500 index, have increased their dividend for 25 or more consecutive years.
- 100+ years of dividend, the list of stocks that pay over 100 years of dividend can be a list of inspiration.
- Blue Chips stocks from the US or the European ones.
Next to selecting the right dividend stocks, important principles for successful long-term investing are Disciple, Diversification, Defensive & indeed Dividend. Read more about this in our free e-book.
Thanks for reading this article.
Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to service[@]moneyinvestexpert.com.