- The Dividend Aristocrats list is a select group of companies in the S&P 500 Index that have increased dividends every year for the last 25 straight years.
- These US companies have historically provided (slightly) better performance and (slightly) lower volatility than the S&P 500 as a whole and are a great source for dividend investors.
- The ranking of the top 10 Dividend Aristocrats to buy today, is based on expected annual returns as indicated by Wallstreet’s analysts.
- These top 10 stocks represent attractive long-term buys for dividend growth investors.
- In addition, we also list the 10 dividend aristocrats to avoid, based on their (possible) negative return.
U.S. equities faced a turbulent Q1-2022, with challenges for investors such as the Russian Ukraine conflict, surging inflation, and concerns about the Fed’s rate hike plan leading to the S&P 500’s worst quarter in two years. The S&P 500 index gained 3.7% in March and is down 4.6% for the year 2022. Only the Energy sector showed a positive return in Q1-2022.
The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats Index (NOBL) gained 3.8% in March and is down 3% for the year.
The ranking of the top 10 Dividend Aristocrats to buy today, is based on expected annual returns as indicated by Wallstreet’s analysts.
The Dividend Aristocrats screener results below list the dividend aristocrats including their last price, the one-year average price target estimated by analysts, and the potential (%) based on the difference between the last price and the Wall Street price target.
The following dividend aristocrats are the best ones to consider based on their one-year price target according to Wall Street’s analysts: